Thursday, March 27, 2008

"A girl with eclectic taste"



This is how the interviewer, Terry Gross, aptly surmised the musical sound of Zooey Deschanel. Terry's interview with Zooey about her collaboration with singer/songwriter M Ward, She and Him Volume One, was spotlighted on NPR's Fresh Air. Zooey's eclectic influences include jazz, country, and girl groups of the 50's & 60's. I highly recommend taking the time to hear Terry's interview (no one does it better) with Zooey about her work with M Ward.

After the interview listen to the available music clips. I especially love the crestfallen feeling the duo infuse on their cover of Smokey Robinson's "you really got a hold on me." This is the kind of album I would definitely want to see on the jukebox at my favorite bar or wind down to on a Sunday evening.

No comments: